Cleaning grout isn’t just about the type of tile cleaner you use; it’s also about the methods you employ for getting the stains out. The best way to lift the maximum amount of dirt and grime is to apply a bleach solution and give it enough time to soak in and work, before scrubbing it off. Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Use a dry broom or mop to wipe across the floor tiles, or a dry cloth to wipe wall tiles, before starting the grout cleaning process. This gets rid of any dust that’s accumulated, affording you better access to the grout.
- Apply your chosen cleaning solution to the grout, ensuring all areas are well covered. You may find that you need to keep applying the solution regularly as it soaks in. You don’t want to saturate the floor, but you want to make sure the crevices are well covered.
- Leave the tile cleaner for around 30 minutes – enough time to loosen the stains, making them easier to lift off.
- Use a hard-bristled brush to scrub the grout clean. DIY stores sell dedicated grout brushes, but you may find that an old toothbrush works just as well – just remember not to use it in your mouth afterwards!
- Rinse the floor or wall with clean water and dry. For stubborn stains, you may find you need to repeat the process on a regular basis to see optimal results.
When you’ve tried to clean your tile and grout and it’s still not looking good, it’s time to call in the experts. American Grout Specialists can make your grout and tile look like new. Call us today for a fast and free estimate!
San Francisco Grout Repair, Grout Cleaning, Grout Replacement, Tile Cleaning, Tile Replacement, San Francisco, Oakland, Hayward, Fremont, Berkeley, Richmond, Alameda, Castro Valley, Newark, Union City, Emeryville, Albany, San Leandro, San Pablo, El Sobrante, Pinole, San Lorenzo, Hercules, Rodeo, Piedmont, El Cerrito, Marin County, Sonoma County, Napa County, Santa Rosa, Solano County, Martinez, Fairfield, San Rafael, East Palo Alto, Atherton, Belmont, Brisbane, Burlingame, Colma, Daly City, Tiburon, Foster City, Half Moon Bay, Hillsborough, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Menlo Park, Millbrae, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Pacifica, Portola Valley, Redwood City, Redwood Shores, San Bruno, San Carlos, San Mateo, South San Francisco, Woodside, Santa Clara, Milpitas, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Saratoga, Campbell, Los Gatos, Walnut Creek, Danville, Orinda, Livermore, Pleasanton, Morgan Hill, Gilroy, Santa Cruz and San Benito.